SCROLL DOWN for a list of helpful phone numbers AND resources. SELECT a link and you will be directed to a full list of resources specific to the need.
No matter how difficult the VA system is to navigate, there is no other option. Veterans have earned these benefits. If the veteran is too ill to advocate for themself, then you can contact the American Legion, VFW, AmVets, Red Cross, or Disabled American Veterans. Also, there are Social Workers at the VA hospitals that may help you find a VA Benefits Contact.
Do not give up and do not be intimidated by the process. Do not let anyone minimize your challenge or your frustration. Do what you need to do to get the veteran the benefits they need.
- Coaching Into Care – 1-888-823-7458 (M-F 8-8pm EST)
- Crisis (Veterans) Hotline – 1-800-273-8255 Press 1
- Gambling Hotline – 1-800-522-4700
- GI Rights Hotline – 1-877-447-4487
- Homeless Veterans Hotline – 1-877-424-3838
- In Transition – 1-800-424-7877 (personal coach to help between care providers)
- Reachout Hotline – 1-800-522-9054
- Tobacco Hotline – 1-800-784-8669
- Military One Source – 1-800-342-9647
- VA Assistance to sign up for Medical Benefits – 1-877-222-8387 (M-F 8a-8p EST)
- VA Caregivers Support Line – 1-855-260-3274 (M-F 8a-11p; Sat 10:30a-6p EST)
- VA Loan Center Counseling (avoid home foreclosures) 1-877-827-3702
- Vets 4 Warriors (Peer Counseling) – 1-855-838-8255
- Veterans Families United – 1-405-535-1925