Skip to main content
- Be There For Veterans https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/support/be-there Suicide is a complex issue, but there are simple actions that anyone can take to support the Veterans in their lives. Use the resources and information on this link to learn more about what you can do to help.
- QPR https://qprinstitute.com/ This is a suicide prevention training that COSTS. The QPR mission is to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention training. The signs of crisis are all around us. Quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – IMMEDIATE RESPONSE https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/veterans/ This is a national telephone, text and chat hotline that operates 24/7/365. This link is specific to veterans. 1-800-273-8255 press “1” for veterans or text 741741. Veterans, families or friends can connect with a live person to discuss concerns and prevention assistance.
- Psych Armor https://psycharmor.org/ This website requires about 5 minutes to navigate and register. It is at no cost to the user. You can learn about suicide prevention, intervention and post-vention. On the home page, see “services” and select this or many other topics. Then you will be led to register and also be presented with many course options.
- VA Suicide Prevention – https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention/ This is the VA link that lists warning signs, a link to the suicide prevention phone line and a text 838255.
Was this article helpful to you?