Looking for financial assistance? Our veteran-focused resources provide expert guidance and support to help you explore your financial needs.
- Armed Forces Foundation – www.ArmedForcesFoundation.org. The Armed Forces Foundation is a non profit organization that started in 2010 and is dedicated to providing comfort and solace to members of the military community through financial support, career counseling, housing assistance and recreational therapy programs. We offer these vital programs to active-duty and retired personnel, National Guard, Reserve components, and their loved ones. This website is full of wonderful assistance options for vets/families along with applications for assistance that are only 4 pages long! Go to AFF Programs to get more specific information.
- Building Homes for our Heroes – https://www.buildinghomesforheroes.org/ A partnership with Chase assists Building Homes for our Heroes in providing housing to post 9-11 veterans. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families to support the men and women who have loyally and courageously served our country.
- Financial Planning Guide – http://www.totalmortgage.com/total-path/financial-planning-for-servicemembers-veterans/ This planning guide has been developed by a mortgage company but does not appear to solicit information. It has some good information that may be helpful to veterans and families. It may be one source that may offer helpful ideas.
- Folds of Honor – www.foldsofhonor.org FHF’s unique post-secondary educational scholarships can be applied to schooling now or held by the Foundation on behalf of young children until needed at the time of enrollment. Scholarships for children of veteransare to be used to subsidize the costs of tuition, school books, fees, room and board, special tools and equipment necessary for coursework, school-approved tutoring, and any other expense that the school in which the student is enrolled may deem appropriate and unmet.
- Homes for our troops – https://www.hfotusa.org/ To build and donate specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post-9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives.
- Hope for the Warriors – www.hopeforthewarriors.org. The mission of Hope For The Warriors® is to enhance quality of life for U.S. service members and their families nationwide who have been adversely affected by injuries or death in the line of duty. Hope For The Warriors® actively seeks to ensure that the sacrifices of wounded and fallen warriors and their families are never forgotten nor their needs unmet. Includes assistance for “immediate needs”, “family assistance”, “warriors wish”, etc.
- Military Scholarships – http://www.militaryscholar.org/ The Scholarships for Military Children Program is primarily funded through the generosity of manufacturers and suppliers whose products are sold at military commissaries, worldwide. Go to “scholarships” and the right menu will provide qualifications and directions to apply.
- Modest Needs Organization – www.ModestNeeds.org To responsibly provide short-term financial assistance to individuals and families in temporary crisis who, because they are working and live just above the poverty level, are ineligible for most types of conventional social assistance but who (like many of us) are living one or two lost paychecks away from the kind of financial catastrophe that eventually leads to homelessness. Users must create a log in, have documentation and create an application on line. Total time may take from 30 -45 minutes. You will be applying for the Homecoming Heroes Grant.
- Operation First Response – – www.operationfirstresponse.org
For many veterans and families, the financial hardship begins quickly and for others it is after the domino effect of extra costs and lost wages. At whatever stage they are in when they contact OFR they are committed to doing all we can to support these families. Application is on line.
- Office of Service Members Affairs – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – http://www.consumerfinance.gov/servicemembers The central mission of the CFPB is to make consumer financial products, services and markets work for all Americans. Within the CFPB, the OSA serves specifically to protect service members, military families and veterans from financial harm, while also working to make the military community better educated consumers.
- Rebuild Hope – www.rebuildhope.org. Rebuild Hope offers an immediate and easy away to help these OEF/OIF families. Our one-of-a-kind, national network “connects” donors to beneficiaries, and we provide complementary services that increase the veteran’s odds of success. Rebuild Hope also recognizes their personal sacrifices and efforts to rebuild their lives by sharing their personal stories.
- Red Cross – www.redcross.org Collaborates with military aid societies in providing financial assistance when an urgent personal or family crisis arises-emergency travel, burial of a loved one or urgent health and welfare such as food and shelter. 1-877-272-7337 or website.
- Salute Heroes – www.saluteheroes.org Since 2004, the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes has provided disabled American veterans from Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom with millions of dollars worth of Emergency Financial Aid and support services. Application and eligibility requirements are on line.
- Salute Inc. http://www.saluteinc.org/ To passionately pursue meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of military service members, veterans and their families. We strive to raise awareness of their sacrifices and provide a safety net to ensure every military family is treated with honor and dignity.
- Semper Fi Fund – www.semperfifund.org The Semper Fi Fund (SFF) provides relief for financial needs that arise during hospitalization and recovery as well as assistance for those with perpetuating needs. Our program provides support in a variety of ways including: Service Member and Family Support, Specialized & Adaptive Equipment, Adaptive Housing, Adaptive Transportation, Education and Career Transition Assistance, Therapeutic Arts and Team Semper Fi. Needed resources are directed to post 9-11 Marines and Sailors, as well as members of the Army, Air Force or Coast Guard who serve in support of Marine forces.
- USA Cares – www.usacares.org. USA Cares provides financial and advocacy assistance to post 9/11 active duty US military service personnel, veterans and their families. We assist all branches of service, all ranks and components and treat all with privacy and dignity in appreciation for their service and sacrifice. We never charge fees nor accept repayment and rely on donations from private citizens, businesses and foundations for all funding.
- Wounded Veteran Family Care – https://woundedveteranfamilycare.org/ – We fill a gap in support for caregivers who provide daily, substantial care for their wounded veteran and their families. Our Wounded Veteran Family Care Program (WVFCP) works hand in hand with coordinating agencies to remove barriers by providing advocacy and support to caregivers negotiating benefits, including PCAFC benefits.