Skip to main content
- Asbestos News – www.asbestosnews.com Site offers Mesothelioma information for military veterans who may have been exposed to asbestos while serving our country.
- Gulf War Veterans – www.publichhealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/compensation_benefits.asp Information about nine specific diseases associated with service in the Gulf War. For more information about the health problems associated with military service in Desert Shield, Desert Storm, OEF or OIF go to www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/oefoif
- Hazardous Exposures – http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/index.asp. This VA link briefly discusses health risks due to exposure to hazardous materials. Information on chemical, radiation, physical and environmental hazards during military service, possible health problems, and related VA programs.
- OEF/OIF Hazardous Exposures – www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/oefoif Informs veterans and families of possible long-term health effects of military service in Southwest Asia.
- Mesothelioma Center – Mesothelioma Causes – According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, there are currently 25 million living individuals who have served in the United States’ armed forces. Millions of these living veterans were exposed to toxic asbestos-containing materials during military service. Visit their website for more information on asbestos exposure, and a complete list of treatment options if you’ve received a prognosis of mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma Help www.mesotheliomahelp.org/mesothelioma/prognosis/
An excellent resource for understanding many the many facets of mesothelioma and the impact to those who are affected.
Was this article helpful to you?