Skip to main content
- Chisholm, Chisholm & Kilpatrick – While VFU rarely suggests private firms, our personal experience with this company has yielded positive results for veterans and we are committed to sharing all resources available that may assist veterans and their families http://www.cck-law.com/Kerry-Baker.shtml
- Justice for Vets – www.justiceforvets.org Justice for Vets is the National Clearinghouse for Veterans Treatment Courts. This comprehensive website explains how Veterans Treatment Courts are hybrid Drug and Mental Health Courts that use the Drug Court model to serve veterans struggling with addiction, serious mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Lawyers Serving Warriors – www.lawyersservingwarriors.com. New website for veterans who need legal representation regarding war related issues. Has a tab that says “request free legal help”.
- National Veterans Legal Services Program – www.nvlsp.org. NVLSP is an independent, nonprofit, veterans service organization dedicated to ensuring that the U.S. government honors its commitment to our veterans and the parent organization for Lawyers Serving Warriors.
- Protect Our Defenders – www.protectourdefenders.com Honoring, supporting and giving voice to the brave women and men in uniform who have been raped or sexually assaulted by fellow service members. This organization seeks to fix the military training, investigation and adjudication systems related to sexual violence and harassment — systems that often re-victimize assault survivors by blaming them while failing to prosecute perpetrators.
- Service Members’ Legal Rights While on Active Duty – https://www.justgreatlawyers.com/legal-rights-on-active-duty This link details laws protecting service members under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) including tax payments, mortgages, credit cards, etc.
- The Veterans Consortium: Pro Bono Program – www.vetsprobono.org. This group of volunteer legal advisors will review your BVA decision and VA claims file if you meet certain criteria. Go to “what we do” on the site for more information. There are also good links that may assist veterans who are filing a claim.
- Veterans for Common Sense’s – www.veteransforcommonsense.org. Their mission is to raise the unique and powerful voices of veterans so that our military, veterans, freedom, and national security are protected and enhanced, for ourselves and for future generations.
- Veterans Defense Project – www.veteransdefenseproject.org Initiated by the National Veterans Foundation, the VDP took over the writing, execution and publication of a tool that would serve defense attorneys in their efforts to provide the best services to their veteran clients suffering from legitimate combat-related issues. It was clear from the beginning of the project that material used come from outstanding experts from the legal, medical and mental health fields. That objective has been accomplished. The book is called Attorney’s Guide to Defending Veterans in Criminal Court.
Was this article helpful to you?