Skip to main content
- Child Care Aware – www.childcareaware.org/. Web site for National Guard and Reservists children issues.
- Crisis Issues for Children of Veterans School Safety and Crisis Resources – http://www.nasponline.org/resources/crisis_safety/index.aspx. This link is to the American Psychological Association web site that addresses crisis issues for children of veterans. You will have to scroll down the page to find the information, but it is an excellent source of ideas and help.
- Free New Parenting App http://www.zerotothree.org/child-development/play/tips-and-tools-play.html This free app is for parents with infants through elementary age children that help to choose fun activites to promote early learning, take photos and share through social media. Helpful for any family, but especially helpful for deployed parents!
- Military Child – www.militarychild.org. Resources, publications, and educational information for children.
- Military Families Near and Far – ttps://www.familiesnearandfar.org/login/ Free arts and crafts and other resources for interactive use for military families with children. Login is required to be created to begin use of resources.
- Parenting for Service Members and Veterans – http://www.veterantraining.va.gov/parenting/index.asp newly developed interactive skills support offered by the VA.
- Seeds of Hope – www.seedsofhopebooks.com. Finding My Way: A Teen’s Guide to Living with a Parent Who Has Experienced Trauma (2005) Michelle D. Sherman, Ph.D.
- Sesame Street for Military Families (free mobile applications) – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sesame-street-for-military/id550520652?mt=8 The Sesame Street for Military Families app puts all of Sesame’s bilingual (English & Spanish) resources for military families right in your pocket! Now you can use your mobile device to access engaging videos, articles, storybooks, parent guides, and more to help you support your preschool and school-aged children as they encounter transitions.
- Sesame Street for Military Families – http://www.sesamestreetformilitaryfamilies.org/ Entire website dedicated to the needs of children of military families including, routines, military homecomings, relocation, etc.
- Staying Strong – www.stayingstrong.org This sight is part of the Red Sox and Mass. General Hospital Home Base Program. It has some general overviews of the effects of deployment on different childhood stages of development and a questionnaire that can help parents determine if professional help may be needed.
- Zero to Three – www.zerotothree.org/military . Ways to help children stay connected to deployed servicemen/women.
Was this article helpful to you?