VISION: Empowerment of Veterans and their Loved Ones in the healing process
MISSION: Veterans’ Families United will provide gentle, accessible and holistic healing resources for Veterans
- VFU will provide referrals for therapies that serve veterans, their families and loved ones.
- VFU will offer regular retreats for veterans, their families and loved ones to provide opportunities to share experiences, integrate, grow, heal and form community.
- VFU will develop a web site with resources including articles, books, tools for healing, resources, networks, information of vital interest and service to veterans, their families and loved ones.
- VFU will cultivate a list of therapists willing to serve the community of veterans, their families and loved ones.
- VFU will offer workshops, seminars, presentations and programs of vital, healing interest to veterans, their families and their loved ones.
- VFU will sponsor ongoing groups so that veterans and all those affiliated with them are impacted by their suffering will have an opportunity to dialogue, connect, form community, recover and heal.
- VFU will provide holistic healing services, serving mind, body and spirit.
- VFU will document its outreach, the experiences of those served, and will make every effort to publicize this documentation so that many more will benefit.
- VFU will actively seek to generate improved health care services for veterans, their families and loved ones.
- VFU will promote an awareness of the true experience of veterans both in war and when they return to their homes and communities, thereby enhancing the deepest understanding of the magnitude of need for these populations.