- Caregiver Support – www.caregiver.va.gov VA’s website dedicated to family caregivers of Veterans. It can be an incredibly demanding job, and we want you to know you don’t have to do it alone. There is a caregiver toolbox and links to find help near home and additional resources.
- Families Anonymous – www.familiesanonymous.org FA is not drug, alcohol, or behavior specific. Members focus on themselves—on their recovery from codependency and on changing any of their attitudes and behaviors (e.g., denial, enabling, rescuing, controlling, manipulating, and a whole range of other crippling actions and emotions) that prevent their own recovery and that of their addicted loved ones.
- Give An Hour – www.giveanhour.org. A non-profit organization offering FREE mental health resources for military and families affected by the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Hearts of Valor www.heartsofvalor.org Hearts of ValorTM seeks to honor the service and sacrifice of the women who care for our nation’s wounded, ill or injured warriors by providing a community of support based on a foundation of empathy and mutual understanding. Hearts of Valor is a network of people caring for wounded, ill or injured service members, created and maintained by Operation Homefront.
- Lots of Helping Hands www.lotsahelpinghands.com Connecting people through the power of community — whether you need help or you want to provide help. You may be caring for an ill loved one, an aging parent, a child with special needs or a veteran. You may want to volunteer to help a friend or others in your neighborhood. However you define help — this is your home.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers www.powerfultoolsforcaregivers.org
This organization has some excellent tools for caregivers. While it may seem geared toward the aging, the materials available offer excellent insight into self care. Use the “contact” button to ask questions about materials that could be targeted to the special needs of your situation.
- Tracking Devices for the Sick and/or Elderly – Personal emergency response systems Lifeline lifelinesys.com 800-380-3111
Medical alert medicalalert.com 800-800-2537
Mobile help mobilehelp.com 800-992-0616Sensor monitoring Be Close Click here 866-574-1784
Lively mylively.com 1-888-757-0711
Evermind. Evermind.us 1-855-677-7625.