EFT is a powerful new discovery that combines two well established sciences so you can benefit from both at the same time:
1. Mind Body Medicine
2. Acupuncture (this new version does not require needles–anyone can do it).
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is an emotional, needle free version of acupuncture that is based on new discoveries regarding the connection between your body’s subtle energies, your emotions, and your health.
It involves learning techniques of “tapping the body” in specific locations to release unhealthy emotions.
Who it may help:
EFT may help both veterans and family members who are suffering from emotional challenges.
Who may perform EFT:
Individuals can actually practice EFT by downloading the free written manual or by purchasing the DVD “how to” videos offered through the official EFT website and/or obtaining the guidance of a Certified EFT practitioner.
Where to find an EFT practitioner:
Founder Gary Craig shares Free on-line tutorials and information. Go to Gold Standard EFT Tapping to learn more about this process.
Specifically for Wounded Warriors, go to Battle Tap where the mission is to improve the well-being of public service professionals who are experiencing emotional distress due to work-related stressors and traumatic experiences. Free online resources and live training in acupoint-based self-help techniques.
Will insurance cover EFT:
In most cases, no. The only time EFT may be covered by insurance is if a licensed mental health practitioner who is an insurance eligible network provider, uses EFT as a therapeutic method of treatment.
Note: VFU provides this comprehensive view of healing techniques for your convenience, but does not endorse nor recommend any specific technique. VFU does not guarantee results or outcomes from any of the materials listed on this website.
How & Where To Get Help
- About Healing Practitioners
- Questions to Ask when Seeking a Healing Practitioner
- Art Therapy
- CranioSacral Therapy
- Eating Healthy
- Equine Therapy
- Energy Therapies
- Guided Imagery
- Healing Touch
- Heart Math
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Psycho Drama
- Qigong Therapy
- Retreats and Camps
- Soothing Scents and Sounds
- Spiritual Healing
- Therapy Dogs
- Treatment Centers
- Virtual Reality Therapy
- Warrior Mind Training – “Mindfulness” Meditation
- Vet Readjustment & the Impact to Family & Friends
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms and Resources
- TBI Resources/Treatments
- Why Veterans may be Resistant to Seeking Help
- Support to Help Combat Veterans
- Helpful Tips for Vet & Military Families in Crisis
- Common Diagnosis, Medications & Side Effects for Combat & War Trauma
- Hope and New Life Ahead