- Give An Hour – www.giveanhour.org. A non-profit organization offering FREE mental health resources for military and families affected by the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Military One Source – www.militaryonesource.com. This source is a one-stop shop for all branches of the military that includes legal matters, addiction and recovery, readjustment information, immediate counseling and a link to each military branch. They also have a 24/7 phone number at 1-800-342-9647.
- Red Cross – www.redcross.org Go to “Getting Assistance” and click on “Military Families” to find out about the resources that are offered by the red cross with regard to counseling and other social service needs or call 1-877-272-7337.
- Sidran Institute – http://www.sidran.org/ This is a comprehensive website dedicated to trauma recovery. Listed are resources and a help desk that can guide you to therapists or treatment centers that may be appropriate for your needs.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. www.samhsa.gov. The United States Department of Health and Human Services special link to mental health resources. Look in left hand menu under “treatment locators” to find community mental health resources near you.
- Tricare Counseling – www.tricare.mil. The web-based TRICARE information system will help direct Tricare clients to providers.
- The Soldiers Project – www.thesoldiersproject.org. A group of licensed mental health professionals who offer FREE psychological treatment to military service members (active duty, National Guard, Reserve and veterans) who have served or expect to serve in the conflicts in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Vet Centers – www.vetcenter.va.gov. Vet Centers offer a wide range of services to help you make a successful transition from military to civilian life. Services include -individual & group counseling, marital and family counseling, bereavement counseling, medical & benefits referrals, employment counseling. To locate the Vet Center nearest you, click on “find a vet center” in the right hand menu.
- NEW! Vets 4 Warriors – www.vetsforwarriors.com/ This is a PEER SUPPORT line and not answered by a mental health therapist. The hotline is available 24/7/365 can be reached by calling 1-855-838-8255.
- War Within – www.warwithin.org. Connecting Servicemembers, Families and Veterans with Health Care Providers.
- Zoc Doc – http://www.zocdoc.com/. Zoc Doc is ZocDoc is a free service that allows patients to book doctor appointments online. It is not available in all states and/or all zip codes, but may be a helpful resource for those seeking to locate a doctor.
This entry was posted in How to Get Help
. Bookmark the permalink